The Tree of Life Nurture and Care Ministries play and important role in the life of our church by ministering to our members through life giving encouragement and compassion. It also, provides opportunities for Christian fellowship and relationship building as well as extending hospitality.
- Hospitality Table - provides refreshments following each worship service in the church lobby to encourage fellowship among our members and to show hospitality to visitors.
- Hospitality Events - are occasional activities that take place in the church for both outside groups and church ministries such as choir cantatas and the charge conference
- Kitchen Kindness - prepares meals for members following surgery/hospitalization, childbirth or who are experiencing an extended illness.
- Caring with Cards - sends greeting cards to encourage those who are homebound, in nursing homes or somehow unable to attend church. Also, sympathy cards are sent to those who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Prayer Shawl - combines compassion and love for knitting and crocheting. It reaches those who need comfort, healing or solace as well as celebration and joy. The shawl maker begins with a prayer and blessing for the recipient. A final blessing is given at the church service dedication before the shawl is sent on it’s way. Each shawl is large enough to wrap around one’s shoulders or even drape over their head to create a sacred space to pray or meditate.
- Prayer Chain - can be started by contacting the church office. The prayer need will be sent through the email prayer chain.
- Prayer Steward - serve in our traditional worship services at 9:00 and 10:15 a.m. by collecting the prayer request cards and delivering them to our prayer team.
- Prayer Team - meets every Monday morning at 10:00 a.m. in the church meditation room to pray for the requests on the prayer cards and other church prayer needs. They also share in a time of devotions.
- Visitation Team - is a group that reaches out and encourages our members who are homebound, in nursing homes, Lindley Inn or rehab centers or for some reason are disconnected from the church body.
- Health Care Team - helps members of our congregation establish good health habits. It also organizes opportunities for members to become more informed about health issues through workshops and clinics. Also, this ministry assists members in finding resource and services that would encourage them with medical concerns and ways to have a healthy lifestyle.
- CHIP Partner - The Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP) (formerly Coronary Health Improvement Project) is an affordable, lifestyle enrichment program designed to reduce disease risk factors through the adoption of better health habits and appropriate lifestyle modifications.